Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tui to Redondela

I really enjoyed my lovely walk today. It was foggy, cool and mysterious for the first few hours this morning. As I left Tui I came upon this interesting stone cutout statue of a pilgrim.

Most of the day was on quiet trails and old medieval and Roman roads. I wondered how many of the ancient pilgrims walked on these same trails.

There was still a lot of water everywhere, but never enough to get my feet wet. I had dry shoes, socks and feet all day!

There were small creeks and rivers everywhere, many had to be crossed on ancient stone bridges like the one pictured on this post. I wonder how long that little bridge has been there.

I always see many cats and dogs along the way. Dogs bark the whole time I am passing by. Cats on the other hand usually flee in horror. But this one little black kitten seemed very interested in me and greeted me with a steady stream of little meows.

There was quite a bit of uphill climbing today and it got quite hot. I found that I stayed cooler if I just pushed hard because my sweat did a good job of keeping me cool.

I saw a few other pilgrims today but none of them seemed very friendly. I'm sure they were from many parts of the world and speaking many different languages.

I was happy to find that the nice little place I had chosen to stay was right on the Camino. I won't need to search with my flashlight to find the Camino in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment