Friday, October 24, 2014

Santiago de Compostela

I did find one area of the cathedral that was free of scaffolding. I got one nice picture here of the back side of the building.

I walked through the little walkway to embrace the statue of St James and also passed by the casket to give my respects.

Then I spent some time in line waiting to receive my Compostela, the certificate given to walking pilgrims.

After I found my hotel I went back to the cathedral area and ate a sandwich and did a little shopping. I went to the pilgrim mass at 7:30 and enjoyed once again watching the six big men pulling the ropes to swing the giant Botafumeiro incense burner that soars over our heads back and forth at astonishing speeds. It was a perfect ending for a wonderful Camino.

No comments:

Post a Comment