Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Cathedral

One could take a million photos inside and around the cathedral but would still never begin to capture the beauty of this ancient holy place.

Much of the building is under renovation right now so the most beautiful parts of the exterior are hidden beneath a web of scaffolding. But here are a few from within the cathedral.

I have attended the pilgrim mass three days in a row and each time I find it more moving. I am in awe of the number of pilgrims who arrive here every day from all parts of the world. At each mass they read the number, country, and route traveled at the beginning of the mass. I feel proud to have been one of the arrivals on Friday October 24th along the Camino Portuguese.

I will be leaving tomorrow morning but I know I will have to come back again, along another of the many Camino routes through Europe and Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment