Thursday, October 23, 2014

Caldas de Reis to Padrón

Another spectacular day along the Camino. I crossed Rio Umia at dawn and passed along many beautiful forest pathways. Today was more like a long nature hike in the woods than a trip through civilization. But I did pass through several lovely little towns and stopped at several handy little cafes.

Today's trek was short by guidebook standards, only 18 kilometers. I chose a place to stay a mile or so past Padrón just so tomorrow would be a little shorter. I could have made it a very long day and gone all the way to Santiago. But I want to arrive there earlier in the day with some energy left, rather than dead on my feet searching for my hotel. I also wanted to visit a couple of places in Padrón itself.

Tomorrow will be a fairly short day and I will arrive in Santiago. I love the thrill of arriving at the cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment